Thursdays, August 30 - November 15
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Early Bird enrollment April 30-July 23rd: $400
- Open enrollment starts July 24th: $425
To register, send in your payment via Paypal to KaterasVillage@gmail.com. Please add your name, email address, cell phone number, and program date in the notes section. We will email your confirmation within 48 hours with an information packet to follow.
Students will learn from direct experience with nature. We will learn about what lives in our forests and fields, gain comfort in the natural world and build confidence by exploring in a wilderness setting. Sticks, rocks, water and dirt are our tools and toys. Children are free to use what they find in nature to create their games, art and activities. Snacks and lunch will be picnic style by the creek.
- Splashing in the creek
- Learning animal tracks and scat
- Open ended play
- Nature art
- Identifying native plants
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What should my child bring to Forest School? Please send your child with a backpack containing lunch, snacks and water. Also a change of clothes and extra shoes. Insect repellent is recommended.
- What should my child not bring to Forest School? Please do not send your child with electronics or cell phones. Things get wet and dirty so do not send them wearing anything that cannot get stained.
- What type of clothing do you recommend? Have your child dress in layers so that they can adjust to changes in weather and activity level. Make sure their shoes will stay on in the mud, old sneakers are best.
- Can parents stay? Yes! Parents are welcome to join us!
- What if I am late dropping off or picking up my child? Please call us at 919-749-0782 and let us know if you will be running late dropping off or picking up your child.